EPower 3 Stage 12V 20A Charger
- Multistage Charging: Fully automatic multistage battery charger with the ability to charge 3 separate battery banks.
- Separate Battery Banks: Isolated charging design where battery bank one is separate from battery bank two and three.
- Programmable: Battery bank 1 can be programmed with a different charge algorithm over banks 2 and 3.
- Current Control: User adjustable current output (e.g. Dial the 60amp unit back to run off a 1kVA generator).
- Smart Charging: The ePOWER battery charger will regulate its output based on the loads connected to your battery banks.
- Wide AC Input Range: Operates on both 110V / 60Hz and 240V / 50Hz.
- LED Display: Easy to use “set and select” menu along with scrolling charger status.
- Silent Mode: Disables the cooling fan for total silent operation at night or whenever required. Activation reduces charge output by half and locks out fan for 12 hours.
- Temperature Sensor: Battery temperature sensor included with 3 meter cable.
- 2 Year Warranty from an Australian company renowned for customer support.
Multistage Charging Process
The Enerdrive ePOWER Battery Charger is a fully automatic, “set and forget” charger. It is designed to quickly and accurately recharge your batteries using algorithms that help maximise service life. Multistage smart charging technology enables the charger to be connected to your battery banks permanently.
As dictated by battery manufacturer’s recommendations, batteries require a multistage charge sequence for perfect, fast and accurate charging. Our ePOWER multistage smart chargers deliver four primary charge stages:-
Stage 1 – Bulk or Boost Charge; The battery is charged at full rated output current of the charger until the battery reaches its final charging voltage, known as its absorption voltage. In this step, around 80% of the battery capacity is recovered as fast as possible.
Stage 2 – Absorption Charge; With the charger voltage held steady the remaining 20% is replaced allowing the current to drop as the battery approaches its full charge.
Stage 3 – Float; Finally, in the float stage the charger voltage is lowered and held at a constant and safe predetermined level. This prevents the battery from being overcharged while supporting any additional loads connected to the battery, such as DC lighting and refrigerators. This stage allows for the charger to be used as a DC power supply.
Stage 4 – Maintenance; This stage is a regular timed “return to bulk” stage. After 7 days of constant operation in “float” the Enerdrive ePOWER Battery Charger will switch the charger from float to bulk to agitate the batteries electrolyte helping to provide an extended service life.
Read more here